This week in OpenStack: September 19 - 25
Making installation easy, Hackathon winners, and more OpenStack news
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- Install your OpenStack Cloud before lunchtime: How QuickStart Cloud Installer (QCI) is simplifying OpenStack installation.
- Healthcare application wins grand prize at Hackathon: How a team won a trip to OpenStack Summit in Barcelona with their OpenStack-based app.
- OpenStack Mitaka software arrives as developers tease Newton release: Several vendors are shipping their newest products as the next upstream release looms on the horizon.
- Five common enterprise questions about OpenStack security: An expert from the OpenStack security project core team helps relieve common anxieties.
- Maturing OpenStack faces enterprise IT challenges: Hurdles are no longer so much about software as they are about changing mindsets.
- Common OpenStack Deployments released: A new book will help you to make your cloud deployment successful.
- OpenStack Newton release: Taking a look a what we can expect in Horizon, Ironic, and Kolla.
- Kickstart your cloud app coding skills: The next OpenStack Summit will feature labs to help you build awesome applications.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Useful tool for easier viewing of IRC logs online: Keep track of OpenStack discussions easily with this Chrome extension.
- Project navigator maturity metrics: What's the best way to understand and discuss these metrics and the thresholds behind them?
- Barcelona Design Summit track layout: Making plans to organize design collaboration for each project at the next summit.
- A discussion about OpenStack and containers: Monday, September 19; Paris, France.
- Swift encryption, plus OpenStack tools and best practices: Tuesday, September 20; Washington, DC.
- Troubleshooting OpenStack clouds: Wednesday, September 21; San Jose, CA.
- A detailed look at encryption in OpenStack Swift: Wednesday, September 21; Dulles, VA.
- OpenStack Days Nordic: Thursday, September 22; Stockholm, Sweden.
If you're interested in OpenStack development, and wish to attend project development meetings, a complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.