This week in OpenStack: September 26 - October 2
SDN and NFV integration, updated API documentation, and more OpenStack news
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- New OpenDaylight Boron release strengthens OpenStack support: How OpenStack has become a key tool for Software Defined Networking and Network Functions Virtualization.
- Update on API information in OpenStack: Checking in on the documentation efforts for OpenStack's programmable interface.
- Update on OpenStack Gerrit-StoryBoard integration: Two important tools for OpenStack developers are becoming more closely integrated.
- Navigating OpenStack: A look at the OpenStack community, the key dates, and how releases are scheduled through the year.
- Support is now the differentiator in the OpenStack race: In the enterprise space, customers demand a record of proven support capability and technical know-how.
- Innovate, collaborate, replicate success says OpenStack's Jonathan Bryce: A look at the keynote from OpenStack Days Silicon Valley.
- Maturing the Security Project: A look at the project, how it's doing, and whether it still belongs in the Big Tent.
- It's your chance to rate the Superuser Awards nominees: Help select the winner of this Summit's award.
- Our cloud in Liberty: The CERN cloud celebrates another upgrade.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Cores using -2 votes: Solving an issue with the code reviewer voting system in Glance.
- Picking a new tag: How best to identify emails from the OpenStack Security Project.
- Code churn and questionable changes: Reducing the incidence of unproductive code changes.
- Removal of Security and OpenStackSalt project teams from the Big Tent: What happens when no PTL election occurs?
- Browser support: Which browsers play nice with the OpenStack web UI?
- OpenStack Wrocław meetup: Monday, September 26; Wrocław, Poland.
- Deploying an application with OpenShift and OpenStack: Wednesday, September 28; Madrid, Spain.
- Building a world-class OpenStack community: Thursday, September 29; Dublin, Ireland.
- OpenStack Day Seattle; Friday, September 30; Seattle, WA.
If you're interested in OpenStack development, and wish to attend project development meetings, a complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.