Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
This week in OpenStack: September 5 - 11
Cloud evolution, steps for getting started, and more OpenStack news
Get the newsletter
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- Evolution of a cloud as seen through Gerrit: A look back at OpenStack through the years, review by review.
- 5 easy steps to get started with OpenStack: What's the best way for a beginner to jump in?
- Ceph, TripleO and the Newton release: Some notes ahead of OpenStack's next major version increment.
- Leading India e-commerce site launches OpenStack hybrid cloud: Snapdeal welcomes cost savings, performance gains with 100,000 core OpenStack deployment.
- 20 reasons why web hosting companies should embrace OpenStack: Features galore make OpenStack a strong sell to hosting providers.
- Meet the "gardeners" of OpenStack: The requirements team PTL talks about "awesome tomatoes" and weeding.
- Google's Diane Greene is on the verge of scoring a huge I-told-you-so: Why Google's alignment with OpenStack may be helping their public cloud platform.
- Inaugural OpenStack Days event in China draws thousands: Open source cloud computing aficionados gathered in Bejiing for the two-day event.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Rolling upgrades database triggers and oslo.versionedobjects: A thread on consequences of database use decisions.
- Coordination between actions/WGs: Continued coordination work for massively distributed architecture planning.
- Next steps for resource providers work: Planning updates in Nova.
- Reliable way to filter CI in Gerrit spam: Getting only the information you need.
- ETSI NFV-SEC best practices: Wednesday, September 7; Richardson, TX.
- Containers and OpenStack: Wednesday, September 7; Palo Alto, CA.
- Contributions in the OpenStack community: Thursday, September 8; Reston, VA.
- Federating Keystone trust across OpenStack clouds: Thursday, September 8; San Antonio, TX.
- OpenStack applications hackathon: Friday, September 9; Guadalajara, Mexico.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.