Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
Spread the momentum with Open Access Week | Opensource.com
Spread the momentum with Open Access Week
This week is Open Access Week, celebrating its fifth year of helping academic and research communities learn more about the benefits of open access and inspiring wider open participation.
From Open Access Week:
“Open Access” to information – the free, immediate, online access to the results of scholarly research, and the right to use and re-use those results as you need – has the power to transform the way research and scientific inquiry are conducted. It has direct and widespread implications for academia, medicine, science, industry, and for society as a whole.
Open Access (OA) has the potential to maximize research investments, increase the exposure and use of published research, facilitate the ability to conduct research across available literature, and enhance the overall advancement of scholarship. Research funding agencies, academic institutions, researchers and scientists, teachers, students, and members of the general public are supporting a move towards Open Access in increasing numbers every year. Open Access Week is a key opportunity for all members of the community to take action to keep this momentum moving forward.
- Contribute photos to the Open Access Week photo contest
- Watch videos from around the world
- Spread Open Access Week's CC-licensed handouts
- Join an open access webcast from Athabasca University, created to celebrate the appointment of Dr. Rory McGreal as the UNESCO/Commonwealth of Learning Chair in Open Educational Resources
- Join The Guardian's live chat on open access on Friday