Kids are back to school all over the globe! What better way to help them thrive and get the most out of school than with free and open education resources and tools?
Opensource.com will be hosting two weeks of open education content from September 8 - 19 featuring educators, students, and others writing about better, cheaper, and smarter ways to learn.
And, they want to share all that knowledge with you! Tune in and get the best of open education today, right here. We'll be posting each new articles to this page as it's published on the site. Stay tuned!
Top 5 open education articles from Opensource.com
- What is open education? Our resource page answer the question in easy to understand terms.
- Top 12 reasons academic admins don't choose open source in this 2014 OSS Watch survey.
- Eight awesome open education tools with descriptions.
- How to teach hacking in school and open up education.
- Open hardware Raspberry Pi education team gives interview on using it to teach.
Collection of Open Education Week articles
- Students build smart devices and scientific instruments with Arduino by Jon Davis
- Students power this open source high school by Charlie Reisinger
- Open data in education starts to show real traction by
- 3 Drupal education distros reviewed by Joshua Holm
- Free courses for getting started in the open source cloud by Jason Baker
- Gibbon sees demand for open education grow by Ross Parker
- Why pay for a degree these days? by Jodi Biddle
- Step-by-step: create an online quiz on Moodle by Nitish Tiwari
- Lobbying for open source and Linux in schools by Emiel Brok
- 3 million users and hiring at edX by Jen Wike
- Seneca College realizes value of open source by Scott Nesbitt
- A guide to creating easy, online learning materials with Xerte by Joshua Holm
- Back to school with GRASS GIS by Jason Baker
- Teaching open source changed my life by Steve Burge