Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
March 30 #OpenOrgChat: Making Open Decisions
March 30 Twitter chat on making open decisions
Get the newsletter
Join us today for a conversation about making open decisions. We'll gather using the #OpenOrgChat hashtag on Twitter at 14:00 Eastern (18:00 UTC)—with a few special guests leading the discussion!
- DeLisa Alexander, Chief People Officer, Red Hat - @DelisaAtRedHat
- Jono Bacon, Founder, Jono Bacon Consulting - @jonobacon
- Rebecca Fernandez, Evangelist for the Open Decision Framework, Red Hat - @ruhbehka
- Amy Gaskins, Founder, Panopticon - @AmyVGaskins
- Jen Kelchner, Founder, LDR21 - @JenKelchner
- Guy Martin, Director of Open @ ADSK, Autodesk - @guyma
As usual, questions will come from the @OpenOrgBook Twitter account. During the hour-long conversation, we hope to discuss:
- What does open and inclusive decision making look like?
- What's the difference between an open decision-making process and a closed one?
- What's the most important benefit of being transparent in your decision-making process?
- What's the most important benefit of being inclusive as you make decisions?
- What do you find most challenging about open decision-making? What are the barriers to practicing it?
- When is the best time to bring people into a decision-making process?
- Should leaders still include people in the decision-making process when they already know the best course to take? How?
- Have you ever changed your mind about the "right" solution as a result of opening your decision-making process?
- What strategies can leaders use to incorporate voices they don't hear into the decision-making process?
- What materials and resources do you recommend to leaders looking to practice open decision-making?
We hope you can join us March 30 to explore the ways making open decisions can improve engagement in your organization.