Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
Free eBook | An open world: Stories from the open source community
An open world: Stories from the open source community | Open Voices eBook
Get the newsletter
An open world: Stories from the open source community
At opensource.com, our mission is to shine a light on the places where the open source way is magnifying ideas and multiplying effort. And we remain especially interested in topics beyond technology—developments in areas like business, education, government, health, law, and everyday life.
This collection offers some of our most empowering stories. From the trenches. From the library. From the cubicle. From the capitol. From the classroom and the boardroom and the courtroom. These are our community members—and perhaps you could be in the next edition.
Download this free eBook
Copyright © 2013 Red Hat, Inc. All written content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Articles in this eBook
- The day TuxPaint became contagious
- Introducing students to the world of open source: Day 1
- The four capital mistakes of open source
- Rethinking office design
- Total victory for open source software in a patent lawsuit
- Interview: PJ on the beginning, ending, and future of Groklaw
- Student participation in open source projects (A professor’s perspective)—Heidi Ellis
- Three unspoken blockers that prevent professors from teaching open source community participation
- Join the M revolution—Get your tools
- Open source cancer research
- History of open source in government
- Document Freedom Day: Passion and politics
Create your own eBook using open source tools. Just follow our eBook creation guide.