DRM DRM feed
Digital rights management restricts the use of copyrighted and/or proprietary materials. Open source licenses are generally considered DRM-free, and the open source community typically frowns upon DRM-restricted materials.
Most popular in DRM
- A brief history of commercial gaming on Linux (and how it's all about to change)
- The most talented youth choose open source tools
- Why the proprietary MQA music encoding system is better than DRM, but still not good
- Poll: Has DRM ever been a real problem for you?
- Mark the Day Against DRM with discounts on books and videos; join the EFF live video panel
- Profitable digital content: It's all about the value
- GOG.com, DRM-free game distributor, chooses data security over ease of checkout