Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
Enter for a chance to win 43 open source gifts including a Lulzbot 3D printer
Enter the 2013 open source holiday giveaway, win a 3D printer and much more
Get the newsletter
UPDATE: The contest has closed and winners are in the process of being notified and shipped their gifts. We will have an update about the winners in early 2014.
See what you could win and find out more about the contest below.
Opensource.com is pleased to announce that we are giving away 43 items from our 2013 open source gift guide. The grand prize winner will receive a LulzBot TAZ 2 3D printer!
We'll be drawing names of 43 lucky Opensource.com readers to receive one of the prizes listed below. Make sure you've entered by December 11.
Entering the contest is easy! Just complete these two steps:
- Register with Opensource.com. You'll need to be a registered user to fill out the entry form. Make sure you register with a valid email address because that's how we'll notify the winners.
- Fill out the official entry form. One entry per person.
Read our official contest rules to make sure you're eligible. Good luck and happy holidays from Opensource.com!
We're giving away:
(1) A LulzBot TAZ 2 3D Printer
The grand prize winner will receive a Lulzbot TAZ 2 3D printer from Aleph Objects, Inc. This 3D printer carries the Free Software Foundation's Respects Your Freedom certification. Among the many cool features of this 3D printer is a large build area that allows users to print a large part in one complete piece or multitask by printing many smaller prints simultaneously.
(2) Ultimate Raspberry Pi Bundles from element14 with copy of Getting Started with Raspberry Pi from O'Reilly Media
Two winners will receive a Pi bundle from element14 which features a Raspberry Pi and a slew of accessories including the XBMC bundle, PiFace Digital, Embedded Pi, Assembled Gertboard, and more. Each winner will also receive a Getting Started with Raspberry Pi book from O'Reilly Media.
(2) PacktPub PacktLib Subscriptions
(1) Ouya Game Console
One winner will receive an Ouya—an Android-based, open source gaming console that was born out of a successful Kickstarter project.
(1) littleBits Base Electronic Kit
One winner will receive a littleBits Base Electronic Kit, a set of 10 of color-coded Bits modules that snap together with magnets to create larger circuits.
(2) HexBright Programmable LED Flashlights
Two winners will receive the Arduino-compatible HexBright FLEX LED flashlight, a 500-lumen (really bright) flashlight with a USB charger.
(1) BeagleBone Black with copy of Bad to the Bone: Crafting Electronics Systems with BeagleBone and BeagleBone Black
One winner will receive the BeagleBone Black development board and a copy of Bad to the Bone: Crafting Electronics Systems with BeagleBone and BeagleBone Black.
(2) SparkFun RedBot Kits
Two winners can build and program their own little vehicle, with the RedBot Kit from SparkFun.
(2) Arduino Due boards from element14 with copy of Getting Started with Arduino from O'Reilly Media
(5) Starter Packs for Arduino Board
(3) Spotify Music-Streaming Premium Subscriptions
Three winners will each receive a six-month premium subscription to the music-streaming service, Spotify.
(2) SparkFun's Learn to Solder "Simon Says" Kits
Two winners will each receive one Learn to Solder Simon Says Kit from SparkFun, so they can build their own version of the classic game.
Three winners will each receive one copy of Cooking for Geeks: Real Science, Great Hacks, and Good Food from O'Reilly Media, an intriguing resource for anyone who wants to experiment with cooking.
(1) MAKE Magazine Subscription
One winner will receive a one-year subscription to MAKE, a quarterly project-based magazine published by O'Reilly Media.
(5) FLORA Wearable Tech Electronics from Adafruit Industries
Five winners will each receive one FLORA, a wearable electronics platform Adafruit Industries made from scratch to empower amazing wearable projects.
(3) BladeKey Pocket Key Organizers
Three winners will each receive a BladeKey, a unique way of carrying keys that lets you ditch your cumbersome key ring.
(3) HTML5 Belt Buckles from DeadlyGeek
Three winners will each receive one HTML5 belt buckle from DeadlyGeek (either in bronze, copper, or nickel), a stylish way to support open source and the future of the web.
(2) Lulzbot Tshirts
Two winners will each receive one Lulzbot T-shirt, featuring Lulzbot's insanely awesome logo.
(2) GitHub Coffee Mugs
Two winners will each receive a rad coffee mug from the GitHub online shop. The mug will feature GitHub's logo—the Octocat.
Don't forget to fill out the entry form. Good luck!