Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
This week in OpenStack: October 26 - November 1
Getting ready for the OpenStack Tokyo Summit
Get the newsletter
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project, in this special summit edition of our weekly OpenStack news, celebrating the Tokyo OpenStack Summit taking place this week, October 27-30.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- The hitchhiker's guide to the OpenStack Summit Tokyo: First rule of navigating this huge conference? Don't panic!
- Get ready for the OpenStack Summit in Tokyo: Here are some suggestions to make the most of it.
- Breaking down the Tokyo Summit for OpenStack operators: What can attendees expect to get out of the ops sessions?
- How do we keep track of ephemeral containers: How OpenStack and Docker can play nicely together.
- Of OpenStack and cloud orchestrator: Untangle your infrastructure and service spaghetti.
- How CERN uses OpenStack to drive its scientific mission: A look at open source cloud infrastructure in production.
- Unlock OpenStack Keystone with this new book: How to snag a free copy of the manual at the summit.
- Why the operating system matters: Thinking about the OpenStack ecosystem in the enterprise.
- OpenStack Manila for DevOps: Keeping paces with rapid innovation.
- Celebrating diversity in the OpenStack community: A look at the OpenStack Diversity Working Group.
- RDO Liberty released in CentOS Cloud SIG: The newest OpenStack release is now packaged for consumption.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Container orchestration platforms integration with Neutron: Making plans for a design summit session.
- Which repo to use in docs: OpenStack is mirrored across multiple repositories.
- Gerrit permissions and merge rights: The roles of reviewers in Neutron.
- The first version of the logo for Openstack Security Project: Representing OpenStack's security visually.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.