Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: May 18 - 24
The OpenStack Summit kicks off in Vancouver, and other OpenStack news
Welcome to this special OpenStack Summit edition of our weekly OpenStack and open source cloud news. Interested in keeping track of what's happening? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- An EZ Bake OVN for OpenStack: Bringing the Open Virtual Network to OpenStack.
- OpenStack Summit to highlight Liberty platform, containers: Another look at what to expect this week in Vancouver.
- Breaking down the resistance to OpenStack: Laying the cloud foundation.
- OpenStack users share how their deployments stack up: A sneak peek at what the user survey shows us about OpenStack installations.
- OpenStack application developers share insights: How elastic applications get built.
- Cloud rearrangement for fun and profit: When and where to move your VMs.
- Easy installation of a new stack with OSAD: Testing out OpenStack Ansible Deployment.
And just for fun: OpenStack reactions: An OpenStack Summit party.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Allow passing body for more API methods: Most methods currently ignore the message body.
- Architecture diagrams in ASCII art: Can projects do better than text depictions?
- Announcing a project to health check OpenStack deployments: An introduction to CloudPulse.
- A way for operators/users to submit feature requests: Can this process be simplified?
Of course, the big event this week is OpenStack Summit in Vancouver; most regular project meetings and user group meetups have been postponed. If you can't make it to the summit in person, be sure to follow #OpenStack and #OpenStackSummit on Twitter. And check out our interview series with summit speakers.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.