For my very first OSCON session this year, I got to attend the Community Management Workshop hosted by Jono Bacon. As an avid reader, the best part of this talk was the list of reading materials Jono provided. If you're interested in managing a great community and/or being a great leader, these materials are worth a look.
- Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think by Peter H. Diamandis and Steven Kotler
- Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely
- SCARF: a brain-based model for collaborating with and influencing others by David Rock
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
- Making Things Happen: Mastering Project Management by Scott Berkun
- The Starfish and the Spider: The Unstoppable Power of Leaderless Organizations by Ori Brafman and Rod A. Beckstrom
- Art of Community by Jono Bacon
Do you have a book or resource you'd add to the list?
Have you read any of these and want to share your thoughts? Tell us more in the comments.
This article is part of the OSCON Series for OSCON 2015. OSCON is everything open source—the full stack, with all of the languages, tools, frameworks, and best practices that you use in your work every day. OSCON 2015 will be held July 20-24 in Portland, Oregon..