Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- OpenStack Swift 101: The object store for OpenStack apps.
- A Cinder road to active/active high availability: What is necessary to make it happen?
- Technical Committee highlights: Notes from the most recent meeting.
- Seven key milestones in OpenStack's five year history: How did we get where we are?
- OpenStack Foundation staffing news: Say hello to some new faces.
- OpenStack: The platform for VMs, containers, and the next big thing.
- Get your OpenStack Summit Tokyo visa in five steps: Prepare for the next summit.
- OpenStack Summit voting by the numbers: Over 1,500 sessions to choose from.
- The best new OpenStack tips and tricks: Tutorials and guides from the past month.
- OpenStack Miniconf at PyConAu: Notes from presentations.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Mission change suggested by the TC for big tent: Defining the Kolla project.
- Non-priority feature freeze: What feature freeze means for Nova.
- Removing python-swiftclient from requirements.txt: Updating the Glance requirements list.
- How to use the log server in CI: Understand continuous integration.
- Let's talk about API versions: How Ironic is using them.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Distributed system analysis and Kubernetes: Tuesday, August 4; Boston, MA.
- Minimal OpenStack: Wednesday, August 5; Poughkeepsie, NY.
- How the Oslo program reduces technical debt: Wednesday, August 5; Pittsburgh, PA.
- OpenStack networking deep dive: Wednesday, August 5; Washington, DC.
- Application management and orchestration in OpenStack: Wednesday, August 5; Tel Aviv, Israel.
- OpenStack birthday party: Thursday, August 6, 2015; Sunnyvale, CA.
- OpenStack Day India: Friday, August 7; Bangalore, India.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.