Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: September 28 - October 4
Containers versus clouds, new certification programs, and more OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Docker containers vs. OpenStack clouds: Containers and cloud can work together.
- New engineer-level OpenStack training and certification solutions: Working with OpenStack? It's time to get certified.
- OpenStack Day Benelux 2015: Step-by-step is the way to increase local adoption.
- 5 new guides for working with OpenStack: Tips, tricks, and tutorials for OpenStack mastery.
- Trove of user stories highlights what people want in OpenStack: The Product Working Group recently launched a Git repository to collect requirements.
- OpenStack Summit registration: Hurry, prices are about to increase.
- Coders to learn how to deploy humanitarian-focused apps on OpenStack: A codethon with OpenStack at Grace Hopper.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Release help needed: Constraint updates are still failing.
- Semver and dependency changes: What should happen when the only changes in a project are dependency changes and a release is made?
- Criteria for applying vulnerability:managed tag: When should it be used, and other open questions.
- Consistent support for SSL termination proxies across all API services: Looking for a common solution for a common problem.
- PTL nomination period is now over: What happens when a project has no PTL candidates?
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Containers, DevOps, Apache Mesos & cloud: Monday, September 28; Geneva, Switzerland.
- Gnocchi and Ceilometer: Monday, September 28; Paris, France.
- Cloud storage in OpenStack: Tuesday, September 29; Frederick, MD.
- OpenStack, SDN, and containers: Thursday, October 1; Chicago, IL.
- South Bay OpenStack Meetup: Thursday, October 1; San Francisco, CA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here. Thanks to the OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter for many of these linked articles.