Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: January 18 - 24
Application developer guide changes, new board members, and more OpenStack news
Interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- What's next for OpenStack application developer guides: A new look and changes in source tooling.
- OpenStack community elects new board of directors: Say hello to this year's new board.
- OpenStack project names announced: Get ready for OpenStack Newton in 2016 and OpenStack Olimpic in 2017.
- Meet Bandit: An OpenStack tool that can sniff out security issues.
- An introduction to OpenStack clouds for beginners: An interview with Anthony Chow about his SCaLE 14x talk.
- Five years open: The trials and tribulations of OpenStack.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Driving workflows with Mistral: A look at TripleO workflows.
- Testing Neutron with latest OVS: How best to test new features.
- Further closing the holes that let gate breakage happen: A few options for preventing gate failure.
- What's Up, Doc: What's new in the OpenStack documentation project.
- Copyright holders file in each project, or copyright holding forced to the OpenStack Foundation: How best to handle assigning copyright.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Mastering OpenStack: Tuesday, January 19; Tehran, Iran.
- Using new clouds: Tuesday, January 19; Manchester, UK.
- OpenStack hangout: Wednesday, January 20; São Paulo, Brazil.
- SCaLE 14x: Thursday, January 21 - Sunday, January 24; Pasadena, CA.
- OpenStack meetup: Thursday, January 21; Austin, TX.
- OpenStack advanced track: Thursday, January 21; Sunnyvale, CA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.