Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
This week in OpenStack: January 4 - 10
Getting started with documentation, time management, and more OpenStack news
Get the newsletter
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Getting started with OpenStack documentation: How to get your feet wet and earn that ATC status with a documentation commit.
- Balancing IRC and email: The secret of success for open collaboration in OpenStack.
- Cognitive load and OpenStack: Thoughts on the patch review system.
- A 2016 to do list for the OpenStack board: Resolving to best serve the community.
- On the OpenStack scene: Get credentials to get hired.
- Tips for getting a travel grant to the next OpenStack Summit: Key contributors can apply for travel, hotel, and conference grants.
- All new OpenStack tips, guides and tutorials: Resources for furthering your OpenStack journey.
- Timeutils deprecation removals will break Nova: What's the best way to fix this?
- Is Swift a good choice of database for the TripleO API: How should templates be stored?
- How to add feature to diskimage-builder: Adding a small feature.
- Nova scheduler startup when database is not available: Looking into startup constraints.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Mastering OpenStack: Tuesday, January 5; Tehran, Iran.
- Building agile clouds with OpenStack: Thursday, January 7; Raleigh, NC.
- Unified underlay and overlay SDNs for OpenStack clouds: Thursday, January 7; San Francisco, CA.
- OpenStack meetup and hackathon: Saturday, January 9; Bangalore, India.
- Cloud computing and OpenStack: Saturday, January 9; Indore, India.