Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
This week in OpenStack: October 17 - 23, 2016
Easier installations, telecom success, and more OpenStack news
Get the newsletter
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- OpenStack Newton seeks scale, easier deployment: A look at some of Newton's new features.
- Telecoms love the OpenStack cloud: Some of OpenStack's biggest customers power business and consumer networks.
- Expert's insight on overcoming OpenStack challenges: An interview with a serial OpenStack implementer.
- 14 facts about Newton, OpenStack's 14th release: A glance at the numbers powering the OpenStack community.
- How to succeed as a remote documentation contributor in OpenStack: Tips and tricks for working on OpenStack from anywhere.
- Recognizing active user contributors to OpenStack: Contributing to OpenStack is about more than just code.
- Meet OpenStack Firehose: A service for providing OpenStack Infra messages all in a central location.
- Lessons learned as an OpenStack Day organizer: How to bring OpenStack events to your local community.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Results of the TC election: Welcoming the newly elected Technical Committee members.
- PTG from the ops perspective: How things are changing with the reorganized meeting schedule.
- Default the HA scenario to Ceph: A proposed change for TripleO.
- Exposing project team's metadata in README files: Making information in project readme's more meaningful.
- Overview of the newest OpenStack release: Wednesday, October 19; New York, NY.
- OpenStack Philly meetup: Thursday, October 20; Philadelphia, PA.
- Newton release meetup: Thursday, October 20; Atlanta, GA.
- OpenStack mini-conf at OSI Days India: Friday, October 21; Bangalore, India.
If you're interested in OpenStack development, and wish to attend project development meetings, a complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.