Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: October 3 - 9, 2016
Contributor awards, job hunting tips, and more OpenStack news
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- How to find your first OpenStack job: Tips for landing a job in the cloud.
- OpenStack Contributor Awards now open: Help to recognize the unsung heroes of OpenStack.
- OpenStack Day Nordic highlights local financial services, scientific users: How CERN, Folksam, CityNetwork, Basefarm, and others made this event a success.
- Gartner market guide for database as a service hits the bullseye: OpenStack's Trove sees a growing market.
- 5 new OpenStack tutorials and guides: A look at some of the great community-created instructional content published in the last month.
- Why OpenStack and Kubernetes are better together: How two important open source cloud projects are coming together to provide enterprise solutions.
- Considering OpenStack? A new book shows you how to get started: Common configuration options and how to make OpenStack meet your needs.
- Building a highly available OpenStack cloud: Rackspace describes how their private cloud succeeds with Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
- Is OpenStack finally heading for broad enterprise adoption? Recent data says yes: OpenStack is filling a real need for enterprise customers.
- Exactly what is OpenStack? Red Hat's Rich Bowen explains: Learn the basics of OpenStack at a high level.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Clean up your git checkout: A new patch landed in Neutron brings some changes that might require developers to run a quick update.
- Getting the UI to talk with undercloud API service endpoints: A few options for how API communication might work in TripleO.
- Measuring code coverage in integration tests: Gathering some stats on how much of the OpenStack code is covered by tests.
- Advanced Heat concepts and IaaS preparedness: Wednesday, October 5; Richardson, TX.
- Distributed load balancing for Mesos and OpenStack NFV service chaining with OVN: Thursday, October 6; San Francisco, CA.
- Houston OpenStack and Ansible joint meeting: Thursday, October 6; Houston, TX.
- OpenStack Days São Paulo 2016: Saturday, October 8; São Paulo, Brazil.
If you're interested in OpenStack development, and wish to attend project development meetings, a complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.