Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
This week in OpenStack: April 18 - 24
Impressions of the Mitaka release, preparing for Summit, and more OpenStack news
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- The unique nature of the OpenStack Summit: Anne Gentle's tips for surviving and thriving the week.
- OpenStack Mitaka release finally makes open source cloud OS easy: OpenStack Mitaka brings new usability enhancements to the open source cloud-computing platform.
- OpenStack user story: The Italian Institute for Nuclear Physics (INFN).
- Organizing the OpenStack community locally and globally: An interview with Cloudify's Sharone Zitzman.
- OpenStack accelerates into production environments: People are no longer 'just dabbling' in the OpenStack private cloud.
- OpenStack 'maturing' as two-thirds of deployments now in production: OpenStack users also getting excited about containers, NFV and bare metal.
- Women of OpenStack mentoring program: A match made in the cloud.
- How to architect applications for the cloud: An OpenStack primer.
- OpenStack hits deployment milestone: OpenStack now seen as stable and production-ready.
- Standardizing cloud computing with OpenStack and software-defined storage: Keeping storage as responsive and resilient as possible.
- TripleO evolves for OpenStack deployments: Deploying OpenStack with OpenStack.
- Expanding DBaaS workloads with OpenStack Trove and Manila: Widening OpenStack's database capabilities.
- A newcomer's guide to navigating OpenStack Infrastructure: What should a beginner know about the project's infrastructure?
- Extending OpenStack disaster recovery to Google cloud storage: A review of the new capabilities of OpenStack's Cinder Backup Service.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Can we create some subteams: Splitting up the TripleO workload.
- One platform for containers and bare metal: Providing a common API.
- Newton midcycle planning: It's never too early to start planning.
- Adding example "local.conf" files for testing: Making it easier to work with DevStack.
- Place to add API reference: How to properly add documentation.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- Let's talk about Ironic: Monday, April 18; Guadalajara, Mexico.
- OpenStack, Ansible, installations, data protection, & backups: Wednesday, April 20; Washington, DC.
- OpenStack user group: Wednesday, April 20; Budapest, Hungary.
- What do you need to know about Mitaka: Thursday, April 21; Philadelphia, PA.
- What's new in Mitaka: Thursday, April 21; Atlanta, GA.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.