This week in OpenStack: July 4 - 10, 2016
An eight minute upgrade, motivating documentation contributions, and more OpenStack news
Are you interested in keeping track of what is happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for news in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
OpenStack around the web
There is a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling from some of our favorites:
- Upgrading OpenStack in eight minutes: The first OpenStack Days in the Czech Republic got rolling with a speedy upgrade from Kilo to Liberty.
- Influencing community documentation contributions: How do you motivate people to contribute documentation?
- Pakistan's first OpenStack cloud deployed: OpenStack spreads to a new location.
- Talk recap: The friendship of OpenStack and Ansible.
- What OpenStack and rock climbing can teach you: Madhura Maskasky shares about her OpenStack experience.
- We are what we contribute to OpenStack: Community is the key to OpenStack.
- Improving the RDO Trunk infrastructure: New infrastructure to deal with growing pains.
- Why you should consider containerizing OpenStack: Combining the power of OpenStack with Kubernetes.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- The meaning of the release:managed tag now that everything is released:managed: Making sense of OpenStack's tagging system.
- Deprecated configuration option in Nova Mitaka release: What is the meaning behind deprecated options?
- Troubleshooting and ask.openstack.org: Making changes to how the support forum works.
Cloud & OpenStack events
- 6th anniversary party: Tuesday, July 5; Paris, France.
- Openstack 6th birthday meetup: Tuesday, July 5; Antwerp, Belgium.
- OpenStack Days Tokyo: Wednesday, July 6; Tokyo, Japan.
- OpenStack 6th birthday: Wednesday, July 6; Stockholm, Sweden.
- Let's explore containers in OpenStack: Thursday, July 7; Pleasanton, CA.
- Swiss OpenStack user group meetup: Thursday, July 7; Zürich, Switzerland.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.