Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
Writer testimonials and success stories
7 big reasons to contribute to Opensource.com
Opensource.com runs like other open source projects. The content collected and shared with you on this site is the result of the time, energy, and contributions from people all over the world. The writers you see published here, the community you see engaged with us on social media, and our readers keep Opensource.com going.
The team working on curating and polishing the stories and news from our contributors is constantly inspired and motivated by the power of the open source movement. And, like any good open source project, we want to promote the great things our contributors say about their experience working with us.
7 big reasons to contribute to Opensource.com:
- Career benefits: "I probably would not have gotten my most recent job if it had not been for my articles on Opensource.com."
- Raise awareness: "The platform and publicity that is available through Opensource.com is extremely valuable."
- Grow your network: "I met a lot of interesting people after that, boosted my blog stats immediately, and even got some business offers!"
- Contribute back to open source communities: "Writing for Opensource.com has allowed me to give back to a community of users and developers from whom I have truly benefited for many years."
- Receive free, professional editing services: "The team helps me, through feedback, on improving my writing skills."
- We're loveable: "I love the Opensource.com team. I have known some of them for years and they are good people."
- Writing for us is easy: "I couldn't have been more pleased with my writing experience."
Read the full writer testimonials on our new page.
Email us to learn more or to share your feedback about writing for us.
Visit our Participate page to more about joining in the Opensource.com community, where to find us social media, and where we hang out in IRC.
Find our editorial team, moderators, authors, and readers on Freenode IRC at #opensource.com.
Success stories from writers and open source communities
Read the full story about how each of these open source communities and projects benefited from being published on Opensource.com on our new page. Plus, photos and videos!
- Penn Manor High School Linux laptop initiative
- e-NABLE prosthetic maker group
- Asian Penguins Linux group
- biicode dependency manager
- WhiteBikes bikeshare model