Android Android feed
Android is an operating system for mobile devices which is based on the Linux kernel. While primarily developed by Google, the various components that make up Android are released under open source licenses, allowing others to create their own derivatives. Read more about the many open source applications available for Android in these articles.
Most popular in Android
- Can you Moodle me now?
- Steve Jobs on Flash (or the lack thereof) and more talk about tablets
- A brief history of commercial gaming on Linux (and how it's all about to change)
- Apple, Google, and the open vs. closed positioning war
- Comparing Apples to Androids: Why the future of smartphones looks open
- Sony chooses open
- Five open source alternatives to the iPad
- Open source for designing next-generation digital hearing aids
- Open health in Guatemala
- The many markets of open source