Help us collect community knowledge by blogging about the weekly community management theme. Blog posts are due the following Thursday after each new theme is announced. Next week's challenge is Measuring Success.
Get your blog post included in next week's roundup by tagging your post with #osscommunities on Twitter by next Thursday, May 4.
Next week's theme: Measuring Success
- Are numbers important in measuring community success? Which numbers? How do you collect them?
- What vanity metrics should you avoid?
- What if your project doesn't want more developers? How can an "open source" project close its door to new developers?
- Do social media followers matter?
- How do you count a contribution? Who qualifies as a "contributor"?
- When is a contributor no longer a contributor?
- How do you measure and report how well your community manager is doing?
- X ways to know if your community is healthy and Y things to measure.
To encourage others, please include this at the bottom of your post:
Part of the OSS Communities series—Measuring Success [link to this post]. Contribute your stories and tag them on Twitter with #osscommunities to be included.
— Stormy (@storming) April 27, 2017
Blog Posts for theme #3: Difficult Conversations
All communities deal with some difficult conversations at some point, so we asked people to share how they best deal with them. Learn how to handle haters, break down conflicts, and create better processes.