Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
16 hot topics for our readers
16 writing ideas for 2018
Our readers like technical and non-technical articles from subject matter users or experts, on a range of topics about open source.
Get the newsletter
Opensource.com aims to be a reflection of the amazing work, projects, and people in open source today. If you think you might have something to add, check out our list of editorial topics below and send us a message via our editorial webform.
They like technical and non-technical articles from subject matter users or experts, on a range of topics about open source (software, hardware, philosophies, and more).
First, reach out to us and pitch your article idea.
If our editorial team gives you the go-ahead, first read our article submission and style guide. If you're writing a technical or how-to article, review our technical style guide. Once your draft is in hand to our editorial team, we'll copy edit and prepare it for publication. We also promote articles on our social media channels. (And, we encourage you to promote it as well.)
Editorial topics for 2018
- Automation (Ansible, Bash, Perl, and more)
- Big data (a focus on science, automation)
- Careers in open source tech (your experience, tips, and more)
- Cloud (OpenStack, Kubernetes, and more)
- Command line (tools tutorials)
- DevOps (tutorials, tips, and more)
- Getting Started with... (an open source tool, program, or group)
- IoT (Home automation and more)
- Linux (tools, tutorials, and more)
- Machine learning / AI
- My open source story / My Linux story (your personal experience)
- Open source alternatives for... (ex. email, notetaking, etc.)
- Open hardware (tutorials with Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and more)
- Open source productivity tools
- Systems monitoring (sysadmin tools, tips, and more)
Want to tell a pal about writing for us because they have a great story or project? Send them our list of 7 big reasons to contribute to Opensource.com.
Have more questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find us in Freenode IRC #opensource.com.