Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
Interview series with speakers from OpenStack Summit in Paris
OpenStack Summit interview series: the road to Kilo
It's a busy time of the year for OpenStack, with the Juno release just out the door and planning for the upcoming release Kilo already underway. In celebration of new release and the OpenStack Summit in Paris on November 3-7, Opensource.com is featuring a number of interviews with key speakers at the event.
We're excited about the lineup of speakers. From developers to end users, project leads to foundation staff, there are so many good sessions to look forward to that there will be many hard choices to make for anyone trying to attend when sessions overlap. We hope that if you're not able to make it to the Paris Summit, or do attend but miss a sesion or two you wish you could attend, that we can help fill you in with the details of what's happening and where things are headed.
Meet the speakers
- Simplifying application development in the cloud: an interview with Apache jclouds contributor and developer advocate at Rackspace, Everett Toews.
- Contributing effectively to OpenStack's Neutron project: an interview with OpenStack Neutron Program Team Lead, Kyle Mestery.
- What software defined storage means for OpenStack: an interview with founder and chief architect of Ceph, Sage Weil.
- Making cloud storage easy with OpenStack Swift: an interview with OpenStack Swift Program Team Lead, John Dickinson.
- OpenStack for humanity's fast moving technology: an interview with Metacloud's director of community evangelism, Niki Acosta.
- Free software hacker on open source telemetry project for OpenStack: an interview with eNovance's Python guru, Julien Danjou.
- How OpenStack powers the research at CERN: an interview with OpenStack board of directors and user committee member, Tim Bell.
You also might be interested in some of our previous interviews with OpenStack experts, and our complete coverage of the OpenStack project on Opensource.com.
- Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph from HP's OpenStack Infrastructure team
- Mark Voelker on the Cisco OpenStack team
- Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona from Bitergia comparing different cloud projects
- Doug Hellmann on the role of Oslo in OpenStack
So, please check back over the next few weeks as we continue to feature speaker interviews before, during, and after the summit, and if there's someone who we haven't interviewed yet who you'd like us to get on our docket.
Are you speaking at OpenStack Summit? Interested in participating in the interview series? We'd love to talk to you! Send us an email and let's share your open source cloud story.