Interested in keeping track of what's happening in the open source cloud? Opensource.com is your source for what's happening right now in OpenStack, the open source cloud infrastructure project.
Don't forget to check out our interview series to learn more about some of the speakers at this week's OpenStack Summit.
OpenStack around the web
There's a lot of interesting stuff being written about OpenStack. Here's a sampling:
- Non-opinionated software can't exist: What are software 'opinions' and why do they matter for OpenStack?
- A great week coming up: OpenStack release manager Thierry Carez shares why Paris is such an exciting city for OpenStack to visit.
- OpenStack upstream training in Japan: A quick report back from the last big training session before Paris.
- Overstock.com’s pet adoption site gets tails wagging: Tales from a successful OpenStack deployment in action.
- 2014 summer of interns at OpenStack: Hear from several of this summer's interns and learn about the projects they worked on.
- OpenStack at LinuxCon / CloudOpen Europe: A fresh report back about LinuxCon highlights and OpenStack speaking sessions.
And just for fun...
- OpenStack reactions: When a large company join the OpenStack Foundation after ignoring it for a while.
Here's a sample of some of the most active discussions this week on the OpenStack developers' listserv. For a more in-depth look, why not dive in yourself?
- Synchronizing local Git and Gerrit repositories: How to keep your local repository in sync with the remote.
- TC election by the numbers: Crunching some statistics on the recent Technical Commitee election.
- Prelude to functional testing summit discussions: Some thoughts to start a discussion on functional testing.
- Finalizing cross-project design summit track: Working to improve communication and coordination between related projects.
In lieu of our usual listing of OpenStack related events around the globe, as the OpenStack community comes together in Paris, France this week, here are some of the top resources for event attendees:
- The official OpenStack Sumit landing page.
- The main summit schedule, covering all of the main activities.
- The design summit schedule, for those interested in upstream project development.
- Travel tips curated by the OpenStack community.
Interested in the OpenStack project development meetings? A complete list of these meetings' regular schedules is available here.