Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
April 2018 Opensource.com Monthly Report
Top 10 April must-reads: Git tips, essential Linux commands, how Netflix does failovers, and more
Opensource.com sets new page view and unique visitor records in April. Read our top 10 articles to see why.
Get the newsletter
Opensource.com brought in 823,621 unique visitors, a new all-time record, who generated 1,323,446 page views in April, also a new all-time record. We published 96 articles this month, and welcomed 28 new authors. Almost 65% of our content was contributed by members of the open source community, and our community moderators contributed 26 articles.
Top 10 articles published in April
- 13 Git tips for Git's 13th birthday, by John SJ Anderson
- 10 commands every Linux user should know, by Sam Bocetta
- How Netflix does failovers in 7 minutes flat, by Amjith Ramanujam
- Understanding Linux filesystems: ext4 and beyond, by Jim Salter
- OpenGL bindings for Bash, by Michael Conrad
- CPU utilization is wrong, by Brendan Gregg (video)
- Top 9 open source ERP systems to consider, by Opensource.com and Scott Nesbitt
- Linux computer maker to move manufacturing to the U.S., by Don Watkins
- An introduction to Python bytecode, by James Bennett
- The current state of Linux video editing 2018, by Seth Kenlon
To stay up on what's going on with Opensource.com, subscribe to our highlights newsletter.
Do you have an idea for an article? Send us your proposal.