If open organizations should be flexible, inclusive, collaborative, and communal, then so should the books we write about them.
This addition to the series will be chock full of writing at the intersection of organizational culture, open organizational models, and the agility-focused management paradigms becoming more popular in IT shops around the world. It'll put open-minded practitioners in conversation with devotees of scrum, continuous integration, DevOps, and kanban. It'll demonstrate the value of a culture-first approach to creating innovative teams.
And it may very well be the first book developed according to the Open Decision Framework.
You can contribute to this project by:
- Reviewing the book's table of contents and pitching a contribution
- Pointing potential authors to this project
- Addressing an outstanding issue we've flagged
- Reviewing page proofs in this repository and recording errors
- Reviewing page proofs in this repository and developing end-of-chapter discussion questions and summary statements
- Suggesting a title for the book
We're pushing updates regularly as the book takes shape. Our community hopes you'll join us as we re-imagine the future of IT—in the open, of course.