Articles and series about getting started in open source. We share tutorials, tips, and advice—plus, great open source projects and communities for those new to open source.
Most popular in Getting started
- A beginner's guide to GitHub
- What open source projects are best for beginners?
- A beginners guide to Docker
- 6 time-consuming tasks you can automate with code
- Raspberry Pi and Coder by Google for beginners and kids
- 5 key insights on the transition from Windows to Linux
- 6 tips for teaching kids to code
- Making the case for the non-techie to jump into Linux
- Teach coding with games: a review of Codewars and CodeCombat
- Learning to program, the open source way