Open source talks: OSCON 2014 speaker interviews
The O'Reilly Open Source Convention—or OSCON, as it's popularly known—is one of the world's premier open source events. For more than a decade, open-minded developers, innovators, and business people have gathered for this weeklong event, which explores cutting edge developments in the open source ecosystem. And 2014 was no exception.
Eagerly awaiting another year of open source wonders, the Opensource.com community caught up with a handful of notable OSCON speakers to gather behind-the-scenes stories about their passions for open source. This book collects the interviews we conducted.
Download this free eBook
Copyright © 2014 Red Hat, Inc. All written content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Articles in this eBook
- Open source's identity crisis
—Bryan Behrenshausen interviews Karen Sandler, Software Freedom Conservancy
- From zero to Spark Core in two years
—Jen Wike interviews Zach Supalla, Spark
- Building, deploying, and distributing software with JFrog
—Travis Kepley interviews Yoav Landman, JFrog
- It's better to share with functional programming
—Robin Muilwijk interviews Katie Miller, OpenShift at Red Hat
- Why is Docker the new craze in virtualization and cloud computing?
—Jodi Biddle interviews James Turnbull, Docker
- Girls' skills are needed in tech
—Jen Wike interviews Jennifer Davidson, ChickTech
- 3 ways to contribute to Firefox OS
—Bryan Behrenshausen interviews Benjamin Kerensa, Firefox OS evangelist and volunteer
- Understanding the metrics behind open source projects
—Jason Baker interviews Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona, Bitergia
- Asciidoctor coder writes less documentation
—Nicole Engard interviews Sarah White, OpenDevise
- Justin Miller on how Mapbox runs like an open source project
—Michael Harrison interviews Justin Miller, Mapbox
- Is making your product free and open source crazy talk?
—Scott Nesbitt interviews Patrick McFadin, DataStax
- Open source to make caring for your health feel wonderful
—Jen Wike interviews Juhan Sonin, Involution Studios
- CloudBees programmer to give talk on how to develop a massively scalable HTTP server
—Robin Muilwijk interviews Garrett Smith, CloudBees
- DefCore brings a definition to OpenStack
—Jason Baker interviews Rob Hirschfeld, OpenStack
- Jérôme Petazzoni on the breathtaking growth of Docker
—Richard Morrell interviews Jérôme Petazzoni, Docker
- On a mission to digitize and share the world’s visual history
—Robin Muilwijk interviews Thomas Smith, Project Gado
- The challenges of Open edX's large and complex codebase
—Travis Kepley interviews David Baumgold, edX
- Getting kids interested in programming, robotics, and engineering
—Jason Baker interviews Arun Gupta, Red Hat and Devoxx4Kids
Create your own eBook using open source tools. Just follow our eBook creation guide.