Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
May was hoppin' on Opensource.com
Top 10 and highlights: May review
Opensource.com welcomed 27 new authors in May and set a new page view record.
Get the newsletter
In May, Opensource.com attracted more than 681,000 unique visitors who generated 1,142,839 page views, our eighth consecutive month with more than 1-million page views and a new record. We published 91 articles in May, including a series on Open Hardware, and articles in three event series: PyCon, OSCON, and OpenStack Summit.
We were excited to welcome 27 new authors, and 69% of our content was contributed by members of the open source community. Our fabulous group of community moderators contributed 19 articles.
Top 10 new articles published in May
- 4 terminal applications with great command-line UIs—by Amjith Ramanujam
- 4 Python libraries for building great command-line user interfaces—by Amjith Ramanujam
- 30 best practices for software development and testing—by Michael Foord (Red Hat)
- 5 Arduino projects to upgrade your car—by Alex Sanchez (Red Hat)
- How to create an Internet-in-a-Box on a Raspberry Pi—by Don Watkins (Community Moderator)
- An introduction to Linux's EXT4 filesystem—by David Both (Community Moderator)
- How to speed up your MySQL queries 300 times —by Anna Filina
- Get started with machine learning using Python—by Dr. Michael J. Garbade
- A beginner's guide to Linux syscalls—by Liz Rice
- 5 ways to motivate technical employees—by Sam Erskine
Would you like to see your name on this list? Send us your story ideas.
What's coming up
June: See what's coming up this month the Opensource.com June preview.
July: In July Opensource.com is running a series on tools and tips for sysadmins and we're looking for contributions. Article proposals are due by June 12. Drafts are due on or before June 30.
Here are a few ideas for inspiration:
- Share your homegrown sysadmin script or program to automate or manage your system(s)
- A beginners guide to X sysadmin tool
- Sysadmin advice (you learned the hard way)
- X mistakes new sysadmins make (and how to fix them)
- The care and feeding of sysadmins (how to keep your sysadmins happy)
- X top sysadmin resources