- Elegant solutions for everyday Python problems, by Nina Zakharenko
- Reset a lost root password in less than 5 minutes, by Curt Warfield
- By the numbers: Python community trends in 2017/2018, by Ewa Jodlowska
- CorvOS: A custom, Linux-based solution for the classroom, by Charlie Reisinger
- Create a Linux desktop application with Ruby, by Lazarus Lazaridis
- How a university network assistant used Linux in the 90s, by Alan Formy-Duval
- A brief history of bad passwords, by Kyle Rankin (video)
- 9 ways to improve collaboration between developers and designers, by Jason Brock and Jason Porter
- Building a data pipeline with testing in mind, by Jiaqi Liu
- PCGen: An easy way to generate RPG characters, by Seth Kenlon
LISA18 CFP closes May 24
The CFP for LISA18 is open, and Brendan Gregg and I will co-chair this year's event, which will be held Oct 29-31 in downtown Nashville. Send us your talk and tutorial proposals by May 24th. Follow LISA on Twitter to stay updated on deadlines and announcements. If you have questions or feedback, contact us at email@example.com.
Available now: DevOps hiring guide
Hiring for DevOps talent presents its own challenges. Our new DevOps hiring guide will help you navigate the unique dynamics when building your DevOps team.
Free 2017 Open Source Yearbook download
Our third annual open source community yearbook rounds up the top projects, technologies, and stories from 2017.
Call for articles
We want to see your Linux command-line and open source programming-related story ideas. Send article proposals, along with brief outlines, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay up on what's going on with Opensource.com by subscribing to our highlights newsletter.