Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
MySQL, Firefox extensions, Linux commands, open source VPN tools, and more reader favorites
MySQL, Python, Firefox extensions, Linux commands, open source VPN tools, and more reader favorites
We round up reader favorites from the past two weeks.
Get the newsletter
Check out our top 20 reads from the past two weeks:
- MySQL without the MySQL: An introduction to the MySQL Document Store, by Dave Stokes
- 4 Firefox extensions worth checking out, by Zsolt Szakács
- A friendly alternative to the find tool in Linux, by Patrick H. Mullins
- Programming owes its strength to our long legacy of knitting, by Carrie Stokes
- 3 journaling applications for the Linux desktop, by Scott Nesbitt
- Using MQTT to send and receive data for your next project, by Sean Dague
- How to use the history command in Linux, by Steve Morris
- 7 open source VPN tools for businesses, by Sam Bocetta
- How to use autofs to mount NFS shares, by Alan Formy-Duval
- Getting started with Buildah, by Chris Collins
May 27-June 3
- Introduction to the Pony programming language, by Sean T Allen
- 3 Python command-line tools, by Jeff Triplett and Lacey Williams Henschel
- You don't know Bash: An introduction to Bash arrays, by Robert Aboukhalil
- Manage your workstation with Ansible: Configure desktop settings, by Jay LaCroix
- What is behavior-driven Python?, by Andrew Knight
- 5 open source tools for building a map app in a snap, by Viet Nguyen
- How to load or unload a Linux kernel module, by David Clinton
- What is a Linux server and why does your business need one?, by Daniel Oh
- 4 open source tools for distraction-free online reading, by Scott Nesbitt
Download our cheat sheets
Call for articles
We want to see your Linux command-line and open source programming-related story ideas. Send article proposals, along with brief outlines, to email@example.com.
Stay up on what's going on with Opensource.com by subscribing to our highlights newsletter.
Check out the editorial calendar for a preview of what's ahead.
Got a story idea? Send us a proposal!
Available now: DevOps hiring guide
Hiring for DevOps talent presents its own challenges. Our new DevOps hiring guide will help you navigate the unique dynamics when building your DevOps team.
Free 2017 Open Source Yearbook
Our third annual open source community yearbook rounds up the top projects, technologies, and stories from 2017.