Get the highlights in your inbox every week.
The Opensource.com preview: May 2016
The Opensource.com preview for May
The Opensource.com preview brings you highlights from last month, editorial announcements for coming months, and other tidbits.
In April, we made print editions available of the 2015 Open Source Yearbook, in paperback and hardcover. On the editorial side, we published five series, launched a new column, and welcomed 17 new authors. Read about more of our April achievements in Rikki Endsley's April review.
Join our community of writers
- Open Source & Hardware covers stories about open hardware and open source software for devices (begins May 23)
- Open source & Entertainment aims to show how open source tools, projects, and communities keep us entertained (drafts due May 27)
Submit your story ideas, and see our editorial calendar and columns for additional writing opportunities. We've rounded up 7 big reasons to contribute to Opensource.com. Got questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Where to find us
In May, we'll have staff in-person at:
- DrupalCon 2016—Check out our interviews with some of the speakers prior to their presentations.
- The Community Leadership Summit (CLS)—See what we've got to say about community management.
- OSCON—Check out our interviews with some of the speakers before their presentations (a few of them wrote feature articles).
- Open Summit—A new conference for discussions about the intersection of open principles and higher education. Leslie Hawthorn interviews Patrick Masson about its inception. And, Patrick interviews the art historians behind Smarthistory, whom will be presenting at the conference.
Are you organizing a 2016 open source conference or event? Be sure to add it to our community calendar.
Live Twitter chat: The Open Org
On May 12, we'll host a live Twitter chat with Charlie Reisinger (@charlie3), Heidi Ellis (@heidijcellis), and others! The theme for this #OpenOrgChat is the intersection of education and open organizations. See our 2016 #OpenOrgChat Twitter Chat Schedule for more details.