Join the 85,000 open source advocates who receive our giveaway alerts and article roundups.
A review of the Life channel on opensource.com in 2012
How open source shaped our world in 2012
Get the newsletter
It's been a great year for the opensource.com Life channel. We've seen tremendous growth of the open source community, and it's been a pleasure to help record and publicize all the exciting projects all of you are working on. Here are some articles that represent the gamut of topics and stories that came through the Life channel in 2012:
Open source analogies
Open source for beginners
I also want to add a list of the top 10 articles from the Life channel based on page views. Let us know in the comments which stories were your favorites. And it doesn't have to be one of the articles mentioned here!
Top 10 open*life posts in 2012:
- Raspberry Pi, Allwinner, and CuBox in the Linux hardware race to tiniest and cheapest
- A tour through open source creative tools
- NASA achieves data goals for Mars rover with open source software
- Top ten open source gifts for the holidays
- In Hacker Highschool, students learn to redesign the future
- January 18 captured: A SOPA blackout gallery
- Open Beats rock Brazil
- Debunking The Oatmeal and the perception of Linux as difficult to use
- Three tips for working with open source diagrams
- Why experiment with Linux?
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the Life channel—it's been quite a year!