Opensource.com published more than 1000 articles last year by talented people in tech from various backgrounds and with various skills. No two writers are the same, and we aim to keep it that way.
Join us in 2019 by making a resolution to pitch an article idea to us. We'd love to have you join the hundreds of writers sharing their expertise with others this year.
It's easy. Here's how to do it.
Review our list of hot topics
- Alternatives -- Open source instead of proprietary
- Automation -- Ansible, Bash, Perl, and others
- Command line -- Tools, tutorials, and tips for Linux
- Data science -- Python, and more
- DevOps -- Tools and lessons learned
- Hardware --Tutorials for the Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and more
- IoT -- Home automation projects, and more
- Java -- Tutorials, tips, tools
- Linux -- Getting started with a Linux command or distro
- Machine learning / AI -- How to get started with a tool
- Multimedia -- Music, audio, video, editing, 3D rendering, and more
- Networking -- Tutorials, introductions, and recommendations
- Personal stories -- Open source / Linux experiences, tips, and more
- Productivity tools -- Linux, open source, and more
- Python -- Tutorials, tips, tools
- Systems administration -- Sysadmin tools, tips, and more
- Tools -- Tell us what it's for, how it works, and where to learn more
- _______ (What's important for people in tech to know more about?)
Pitch your article idea
Write your article
Once a draft is in hand, our editorial team will copy edit and prepare it for publication. We also promote articles on our social media channels, and we highly encourage you to promote it as well.
Tell your friends
Do you know someone with great stuff to share? Send them this article, tell them how easy it is to get started, and if they need convincing share our list of 7 big reasons to contribute to Opensource.com.